Nearing 50K

I love writing this blog mostly because I love to write. I certainly never thought I would have much in the way of followers. For the most part I feel as though I am merely writing to dead air that neither moves nor feels, so it is always a good reminder for me to check my Google Analytics every so often. Now don’t get me wrong, I don’t spend inordinate amounts of time studying who is watching me. I don’t obsess over fame or popularity, or any of that nonsense. I am always shocked when someone recognizes me or comes up to me and asks if I’m, “The Blogger.”  Honestly, I’m just a girl with a story.

Partly my lack of contact with readers is self-inflicted because I swore from the beginning that I would not allow comments on my blog. I’m not so self-centered as to think I am the only individual allowed to have an opinion, it’s just that I know how obnoxious and immature some people can be and I simply don’t have the time outside of my day job to mitigate or even respond to childish antics.

I will admit that my followers tickle me beyond belief. Now there’s no need for readers to get frantic, it’s not like I am technologically savvy enough or even keenly interested enough to figure out your ISPs, and Google Analytics doesn’t work that way.  I can however see basic information such as service providers, operating systems and other data that remind me my readers are indeed real people.

It is a good reminder for me so I check my analytics once every month or so as a reminder that I write for not only myself but for others as well. So I want to take this moment as I near the 50K readership mark to thank you from the bottom of my heart….and a special wink to my local readers at Sanden, TI, and several other tech companies because I probably wouldn’t do it without you.

Thank you,
The TXun