Saturday, June 13, 2015

TPP & TPA: Why I cannot support it

Image courtesy of http://www.i2coalition.com/

If you have been reading for a while, you know I am a Ted Cruz fan.  After all, we helped get him elected.  Despite Cruz's positive stance on TPA or TPP I do not support it, and here's why.

I will not blindly nod my head in unison with the swirling-eyed Ted Cruz followers just because he said we should.  Isn't that the prevailing attitude that has gotten us into trouble with the Boehner Boy Band in Washington DC?  With Republican friends like House Rules Chair Pete Sessions, Lindsey Graham, and Mitch McConnell, who needs enemies?

Though the TPP is shamefully off-limits for those of us who voted these people into office to do our will, I did read the TPA.  All 146 pages of it which you can read HERE.  And I didn't like it.

Readers need to understand that all this nonsense about sovereignty, 60 days to review, and presidential power usurpation being blabbed all over the blogosphere is just squirrel banter.  In this case, you do need to know what's in it to pass it.

My friend Ken Emanuelson said it best so I'm  not even going to paraphrase:


I recommend you read the text yourself using the link above, but here is the text I found so offensive:



And while we are on the topic, there exists proof of the usual dirty bill being passed in Washington DC and it couldn't be more clearly depicted than in this little bit of text buried on page Pg 143.


Again, Ken Emanuelson's educational posts also explain the relevance:

"The ENTIRE PURPOSE of TPA is to "fast track" the passage of TPP, TISA, TTIP and other now-secret agreements."

Enough said.  To brow-beat conservatives on the point of "free trade" is a losing stance once you have educated yourself on the matter.  For these reasons I cannot support Ted Cruz's stance on TPA or TPP.