Wylie Championship Rodeo


I attempted to attend the Wylie Championship Rodeo last night but left after the heavy rain and lightning came.  I am hoping to try again for tonight. 

I was sad it rained; it seems the rodeo is damned with poor weather nearly every year of late.  This event is a rather large fundraiser for the Wylie Chamber of Commerce and I’m sure last night’s rain hurt.  

I would guess that Wylie City Councilman and Mayor Pro Tem Red Byboth was a bit disappointed in the much needed rain as well.  Too bad it couldn’t hold off until after the rodeo.  Red has worked tirelessly on this rodeo year after year and he always helps pull off a fantastic show.

I hope every reader will come out tonight and support these efforts.   


I hope to see you there:

Ticket pricing for
Wylie Championship Rodeo 
September 16 and September 17, 2011
Rodeo Begins at 6:30 p.m. both nights 
No ticket pre-sales
Tickets available at the Gate both nights
Adults: $10 per night
Children (12 & under) and Seniors: $5 per night
**Children 3 & under: Free
Special Family Pack pricing: $20 per night
Family Pack includes: 2 Adult tickets plus 2 Children tickets
 
The Rodeo arena is located on Hensley Lane in Wylie, TX. 
Hensley Lane runs between Highway 544 and Highway 78.
FREE Public parking with shuttle service will be behind Wylie High School.
Wylie High is located on Hwy 544.