Amazing Day

I have had the most amazing day ever.  I took the day off from work and though one might think I was going to sleep in and relax, I actually had a very full day planned.

I did get to sleep in and woke to sweet kisses from the hubs heading out to work at 8am.  I slipped in my run and headed off for a full body massage. After that I met with Council Candidate Catherine Butschek and interviewed her.  I found out that Catherine is not at all like what I would have thought.  I made off to get a manicure and a pedicure in Wylie.  I stopped off at Candy and Jams in the cute downtown area because I love that place and know that I will always find a little something something.  Though I was sad to hear that James is having more medical difficulties, I do what I can to help support him and true to form I found some kitchy things that I simply could not live without.  Then I met Gilbert Tamez at Shoemaker and Hardt and I interviewed him. Again, I found that I really like Gilbert and he holds a special place in my heart.  Poor Gilbert found me at the end of my attention span and though I listened intently and took notes, at the end, true to form I spotted something shiny and I just had to have that too.  Gilbert just shook his head.  Yup, I am all girl.   

Some might think that this day was a bit much for a day off from work, but I did not think so.  All throughout the day I received dozens of well-wishes from my Facebook friends who wrote the most amazing things on my wall.  I received texts from the friends that I especially hold near and dear to my heart.  Yes, I am truly blessed because of the love of so many beautiful friends and because of the warm feeling I get from little ole’ Wylie.  I cannot think of a better way to spend my birthday.  Happy birthday to me!