The proof will be in the content, which as of this date remains mostly a mystery to Texans. What content we have witnessed so far gives me the right to call a spade a spade. I believe CSCOPE is completely inappropriate and has not been properly vetted by our State of Texas Board of Education. One must ask themselves why the board of CSCOPE would guard its content so vehemently.
If we have photos of young, impressionable girls being indoctrinated into the clothing and ideology of Islam and Sharia Law by wearing burqas, as witnessed the past two weeks in the blogosphere and on national news shows, then we have something to be afraid of because it is contrary to the American liberties our forefathers fought and died for.
I am co-hosting a meeting on CSCOPE March 12, 2013. Won't you join us and find out more about this curriculum that Wylie Independent School District has purchased with millions of our tax dollars?
CSCOPE Meeting 3/12/13 at 7:00PM
Co-Hosted by the Garland Tea Party, the Richardson Tea Party , the Far North Dallas Tea Party, and the Rowlett Tea Party.....
CSCOPE Meeting w/ Ms. Mac - Jeanine McGregor
Suggested donation of $5 requested to cover fees
March 12, 2013 at 7:00 p.m.
5110 North George Bush Frwy
Garland, TX 75040
CSCOPE, it is an online curriculum that has been purchased and implemented in over 70% of Texas schools. Few citizens, parents or taxpayers are even aware of it. Parents have not been allowed to view it. And teachers have been prevented by non-disclosure agreements from releasing any of the contents of CSCOPE or say anything negative about it. Some educators have reported the K-12 curriculum is pro-Islamic and anti-Christian with a globalist agenda.
If you want to learn a bit more, you can start by following these links:
- CSCOPE web site describes the “system from their point of view – cscope.us/index.html
- The Texas SCOPE Review site has a studies, articles and blogs about the curriculum - txcscopereview.com
- You can find teachers’ views on the ProTeacher Community web site where teachers exchange comments - proteacher.net/discussions/showthread.php?t=58502
- On January 31, the Texas Senate Education Committee held hearings on CSCOPE, and you can read an article reporting on that meeting here - star-telegram.com/2013/01/31/4591624/senators-question-creators-of.html
- The Facebook invite can be viewed here - https://www.facebook.com/events/167678180049878/